One of the things that got Mark and me excited about moving back west was that we would be able to go on trips with our families to southern Utah. After not camping in Utah for several years, our choice of destination was obvious--Green River, Utah! :) Actually, I didn't realize that this little town existed until I did a search for a camping site with showers and found that besides the showers, this place had a lot to offer. Apparently, Green River is famous for their watermelons and is in driving distance to many great sites in Utah. We had a blast camping and seeing some of these sites with my family over Labor Day Weekend.
We had a great camp site that included flushing toilets, lots of shady trees, and grass. We spent our time here doing many exciting things like making a train out of camping chairs...
...and sitting on favorite cousins.

The first sites we saw in Green River included a museum about the explorer John Wesley Powell...
...Crystal Geyser...

...and Goblin Valley.
We had a lot of fun hiking around Goblin Valley and seeing the unique rock formations there.
All these two had to do to be cute was walk around.
We also got to do a little more celebrating for Lucy's birthday. A big smile came over Lucy's face when we got to the part "Dear Lucy" during the Happy Birthday song. She loved it.
The next morning she even got to open another birthday present from Grandma Mari and Grandpa Brad. In the beginning, Lucy's cousins watched patiently while Lucy started to open her present.
Not too much time went by though until her cousins were gathered as close as possible to get in on the action. I soon became the most popular aunt and Lucy was pushed to the outskirts of the circle. :)
Afterwards, we took a drive to see more sites in the area. I was blown away at the beautiful canyons and the uniqueness of the rock formations we drove through.
Along the way, we were able to see petroglyphs...
...a real dinosaur footprint...
...and an old bridge that used to be part of the highway system.
As always, the trip sped by and it was soon time to go home. I came home amazed that we did this as a family. It seems like the bigger our family gets, the harder it is to make sure everyone schedules matches. This was a worthwhile trip and we look forward to doing this a lot more often in the future!
















3 comments:
Beth your hair is darling I love it!
Oh my goodness! These pictures are ALL treasures! I loved the watermelon and bridge because they are group shots, and actually every one of them:Lucy and Hannah walkin' around, Addie's thumb, Lucy's bday party (funny!) You've captured some precious moments. I loved that trip, and never thought I was going to love it as much as I did, but most of all I LOVE every single person in our family. What a treat to camp with everyone, and you moving out West brought it about! Thanks!
How could I forget the dinosaur track...great photo with all the little dinosaurs around :)
Post a Comment