Baker Buddies

Baker Buddies

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Life as a Coloradan

The transition to my life in Colorado has been a lot harder than I expected.  Mark's schedule has been the worst part about it.  I have had a hard time getting in a routine since Mark works different hours everyday, works most Saturdays until about 3, and works every Friday night until about 9--sometimes later.  It has been such a switch from predictable dental school hours.  It has also been a change from having lots of fun places to take Lucy, to figuring out fun things to do with her inside our home since we only have one car right now. Although it was hard at first to get used to, I feel like the time I have spent with Lucy alone these past couple of months has been priceless.  We are buddies.  My day revolves around hanging out with her instead of fitting in all the scheduled activities I had planned. I love that little girl more than ever. 

 
Since Mark is gone a lot lately, we try to live it up when Daddy is around.  We have had a lot of fun park days together since we moved here.  
I thought this picture was so funny. Mark squeezed into this tiny little table at the park to sit with Lucy.  Once he sat down, Lucy ran out to play with something else so Mark was left sitting alone at this mini table.  :)
 
I also feel like moving here has strengthened my relationship with Mark.  Along with Lucy, I love this guy more than ever too.  Because of his crazy schedule, every minute he is home is so precious to me. I really appreciate how hard he is working for our family. 
One of the benefits of working for Comfort Dental is that the doctors get free tickets to pretty much an game or concert that happens in Denver. We had tons of fun going to a Rockies game for FREE in August.  This was the most eventful game I have seen in baseball.  We saw a couple of home runs, lots of balls hit to almost right where we were sitting, and saw a bat split in half from hitting a ball so hard.

It was also an awesome game because we sat in a suite with loads of free food!  Woo-hoo!








2 comments:

Heidi McLeod said...

Hey Bethany! I loved getting caught up on your blog. Thanks for sharing about your special babies. It made me cry! You are so strong. I agree with about the move being harder than expected and it also really strengthened my relationship with my kiddos and Alex. That is awesome you get to go to games for free! :)

Jenny said...

I sniffed a bit too. I had the same thing - twice! My body never got the hint that the babies had died. So sorry for you. It is so hard. Moving to a new place makes it twice as hard. - and I am jealous. I miss the Rockies! Both kinds. Happy birthday (late) Lucy!