Baker Buddies

Baker Buddies

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Believe in Miracles

On this day last year, Mark and I brought Lucy home after she had been in the NICU for 81 days. I remember being in awe as we drove away from the hospital for the very last time and she was with us. Lucy will never remember her experience in the NICU but I will never forget the heartache I felt when I had to leave her alone in her incubator at the end of my visit each day. I hated that I was not in control of my own baby and many times didn't even have the right to touch or hold her when I wanted. Every time she progressed and came one step closer to coming home I just wanted to jump up and down and scream, "Hurray!" I felt such a relief when we walked in our house and got to hold her without having to listen to alarms, without her connected to wires, without someone looking over my shoulder, and without watching Lucy being forced to do something that was hard for her. I was so relieved that the heartache was coming to an end!
Now a year has gone by. Lucy truly loves life. Sometimes I wonder if she somehow knows how much better her life is now. I also think about how healthy she is and wonder how that could be. She is truly a miracle! Heavenly Father gave us blessing upon blessing. I know it was because of the prayers that were said in her behalf. He does hear and answer prayers and does perform miracles in our day. I will be grateful forever for the miracle that was given to our family. We love you precious Lucy!




3 comments:

Julie Mulcock said...

We love you too precious Lucy!

Marianne said...

Miracle baby that is for sure! Remember when we left the hospital and we talked about replacing fear with faith? You were both such
devoted parents from day one and put faith into action each day. Lucy is truly a beautiful gift from Heavenly Father. Your blog post is very sweet, Beth.

Katie Jane said...

She is such a doll! It is so neat to think how far she has come. We love you, too, precious Lucy.