Baker Buddies

Baker Buddies

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Trip to Kansas

My Mom and I took a trip to see Jenny and Blake in Kansas a couple of weeks ago. It was so fun that I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed my Mom and the Hansen's for a week straight after I got back. We did a lot of fun things like visit the Russell Stover Chocolate store, the Brown Vs. Board of Education schoolhouse, the Hallmark Museum, and a recreation of "The Land of Oz". We also saw downtown Kansas City and Lawrence. My favorite thing about the trip (which may really surprise Jenny since I was tricked into going there) was eating those tasty fries from the BBQ place inside the gas station. I overcame some of my greatest fears from this trip...eating food from a gas station and being able to survive in Jenny's house. This is not because Jenny's house is gross or scary. It is really nice and clean. She just scared me with all her horror stories on her blog about brown recluse spiders. Especially after I had that nightmare about them attaching their fangs into my arms with their beady red eyes looking at me. You'd be scared too. Anyway, thanks for the good times Hansens! I want to come visit again soon!
This is us just outside where we went to lunch. Hallie insisted her hood should be on everytime we went outside because it was "too windy." :)




Here is Mom in front of the Kansas City Library. They had books all lined up the size of the building. It was pretty cool.

Brown Vs. Board of Education schoolhouse

Here is proof that we ate at a gas station.


And for my personal favorite...the munchkin pictures at the "Land of Oz. "





8 comments:

ang said...

Bethany! I am so jealous. That looks like so much fun! My personal favorite is the picture of Blake as a munchkin. SO funny! its hard for me to face the fact that I can't go to Florida to see you with everyone else!! I have a splendid idea- I will get a job at delta!

Michelle Evans said...

Looks like you had a really fun trip! You make a cute munchkin! Hope all is going well! Talk to you soon! Tyler and Cole say hi. Tell Mark hi too. :)

Julie Mulcock said...

What a fun trip! Now I am so sad I didn't go. Well, we'll party it up in two weeks! That makes me feel a little better.

Amber said...

Fun times! I too love those munchkin pix! Those girls are getting so big! Glad you had a fun trip!!!

Katie Jane said...

I almost can't stand looking at those CUTE CUTE pictures! I am jealous. Cute post.

AmberLou said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I love the pictures!!! How are things going with you and Mark in sunny Florida? I wish I lived somewhere warm... we are still stuck inside for the most part because it is SO freezing! Do you have any plans for trips home? If we are ever there at the same time, we should get together! I miss and love ya!!!

Sally said...

I am glad you saw me on Michelle's Blog! It is fun to see photos of you Emily and Melissa. I sure missed you guys during high school! It is also fun to see that you made a yule log! Good ol' French class.

Marzipan said...

Fun trip! Miss you guys!