The good news is that I got an awesome new job!!!! The guy who hires for Delta Airlines is in our ward and he definitely has the hookups with travel. If you work for him you, your husband, parents, and kids can all fly for free. I still have no clue why he has been so nice to me. I seriously LOVE that guy because I just gave him my application a couple of weeks ago and there was a huge waiting list and still is for the Delta jobs. I also have the best shift of anyone I know. All I have to do is clean airplanes from 4-9 p.m. every Tuesday. Everyone else is working until 3 a.m. I was hearing that there is a ton of down time too while you are waiting for planes to come in. You may be thinking...who wants to clean airplanes? I do!!! As long as I have gloves I can do anything. From the places we have lived in, I have cleaned a lot of disgusting things and let me tell ya-gloves are magic. Starting on December 17 Mark and I, and my parents can fly anywhere (including international flights) for FREE!!! I am so excited!!

Here I am in my dorky-way-too-big-for-me airport outfit/dress. If anyone needs a quick Halloween costume, I've got it. It's even bright orange. :)
8 comments:
SO EXCITING! I am sad that you will not be here for Turkey Day. But you have your seashell men to keep you company, so that won't be too bad. I can't believe how lucky you are to only work a few hours and get FLIGHT benefits! Sheesh!
When you said that your old job was bad because you didn't know what the Korean women were laughing about, it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine goes to get her nails done and the women do the same thing. You are Elaine!!!
P.S. you look so cute in your uniform!
I loved your post! In fact it has motivated me to call Michael's first thing in the am to try to get a better-looking Pilgrim guy ;). I DO love the thankful part of Thanksgiving..and I am especially thankful to Bethany for the 3 F's: Free Flying to Florida!
Love you,
-Mom
that is so lucky! you'd seriously better take advantage while you can.
congrats! that sounds really neat and like a GREAT deal!! cleaning isn't bad - especially since you only have to do it once a week! :) we can't wait to see you guys next month! cute thanksgiving decorations too! :)
Yay!!!! I'm so glad you've found a better job, Bethany, and one with the very best perks! Happy to hear you got such a good shift too--Can't wait to hear funny stories from an airlines "insider"
Free flights! I am so jealous! That would be wonderful!
That's awesome!!! I have a friend who cleans a Northwest flight in Canada each week.... she gets tons of down time whenever the flight runs late, etc... enjoy :)
Post a Comment