We were so fortunate to see the Fort Lauderdale Air Show on the beach at the end of April! Matt (my brother in law who served his mission here) kept telling me how cool it was. I had no idea what he was he was talking about because it supposedly happened every year and I hadn't even heard of it. I came to find out that this past April was the first time they had done it in five years due to budget cuts. We got to see it just in the nick of time before we moved!! It couldn't have been more perfect...well besides the weather (more to come on that later).
If our friends hadn't of hooked us up, parking would have been a disaster with all the crowds of people that came out to see the show. Greg and Debbi let us park right across from the beach at their house. Talk about some great friends we have! Such great friends--that live so far away now. :( Oh how I miss them!
We also watched the show with some of our TMC buddies. It made for lots of great company.
Besides the jets being pretty loud for little Lucy's ears (as you can tell in the next picture), the jets were so entertaining!
The sequencing was amazing. I couldn't believe the stunts they performed!
This is when I was convinced these pilots must have stomachs of steel. I don't know how they kept flipping and diving, over and over without losing it!
It started getting a little windier and started to sprinkle a bit as the show kept going. I wasn't really worried because it seems to always be sunnier at the beach. I figured if something was going to happen, it would probably be a little drizzle.
Lucy and I were loving life huddled up under an umbrella when Mark saw a big dark cloud coming our way. I begged him to stay just a couple more minutes. I hate being wrong but I have to admit, I was really wrong this time. After a couple of minutes, Mark counted down to the second the start of a huge Floridian down pour. I couldn't see two inches in front of me. It was every man for himself by that point! We were drenched by the time we got back to Debbi's. Of course by the time we got back to her house though, it looked like a nice sunny day again. It was a typical Floridian storm. Even though we got drenched and I had to admit that I was wrong, the show was still well worth it!
1 comment:
I wish we could've seen it! Matt keeps talking about it still and it looks so fun!! I went to the air show in Ogden by the hill air force base it was so amazing! You guys will have to come one year!
Post a Comment