Baker Buddies

Baker Buddies

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catch Up--Months 6-10

I know some of these pictures are a bit late but I still wanted to post them so I wouldn't forget the little things I loved at each stage with Lucy. So here's a catch up of Lucy from months 6-10 (or about 3-7 months adjusted age).

Milestones she passed:
Lucy went from keeping her head up when on her stomach, to rolling over to her back, to rolling over to her tummy, to sitting up for a couple of seconds, to sitting up alone, and now to rocking back and forth in the crawling position. Her reflux has also gotten a thousand times better. We are so proud of her!

Favorite things I want to remember:
When Lucy was six months she would communicate with us by sticking out her tongue and blowing. She blew without using her voice, like a little whisper with her tongue out. It was her favorite thing to do. Lots of times if we would do it to her, she would do it right back to us and give us a huge smile. By 7 months it turned into blowing raspberries and she would just lay on the floor being perfectly content doing that for a long time.

Lucy smiles on command if anyone blows raspberries or makes a kissing sound.

Lucy's cry is very sweet but she also has a little feisty side. When Lucy wants to play with something, she often "attacks" it.

Lucy loves her feet. She is constantly playing with her feet and grabbing toys with them. I am amazed what she can grab and do with those little things.

I love how Lucy breathes through her mouth while she is looking around.

Lucy loves to roll around and suck on her toes. Many times when I put her down for naps, I hear her playing instead. I often find her rolling around, sucking on her toes, and talking. It has become a big problem. She stopped taking a binkie and I don't know how to "turn her off". Cry it out method you say? I don't think so. More like play it out method.

I love when Lucy frantically rubs her feet together and kicks at the same time because she thinks it's fun.

Lucy loves taking baths. She thinks making the water splash is amazing.

Mark and I love coming to get Lucy when she wakes up. She is so happy and is all smiles with us. Once when I came in to get her, she heard the door open and gave me this great big smile before she had even seen me or let me say anything. She just knew I was coming in. It was so sweet!

Six months
Lucy was just learning to keep her head up when on her tummy.

A lot of the pictures I chose are sleeping ones because I think she is so sweet when sleeping.



I LOVE when Lucy falls asleep like this and cuddles up on my shoulder.


7 Months
This was when she really started to love kicking her feet and making new sounds.


Lucy's new do. Her hair has gotten a lot longer. Unfortunately not this long though. :)




Lucy loves to cuddle with a blanket when she sleeps.

She has been my singing time helper a couple of times at church.







8 Months
Lucy loving her toes and playing during "naptime".


This kettle corn bag was my life saver for a long time. She could play with this crinkly bag for hours!



Part of mine and Mark's routine every night is to get our last bit of entertainment from Lucy before we go to bed. We check out all the cute positions she sleeps in.

Look at her cute little tushy sticking up in the air. :)

This is a favorite of hers...cuddling up to the bumpers.

Arms behind her back. :)


Lucy started eating solids. So far, she loves pears but is not a fan of peas or oatmeal.




9 Months


Look Alike Pictures:

Me when I was a baby

Lucy in my same baby dress.









10 Months



Lucy got two new little teeth on the bottom. Goodbye gummy smile!


11 comments:

Michelle Evans said...

what a cutie pie! i'm so glad you posted all these darling pictures! i hope someday we can meet lucy in real life! we're glad you and mark are going well too! are you going to be in utah at all this year? it would be really fun to get together sometime. we're going to be there in august and october for a couple of ty's rotations... love you guys!

Michelle Evans said...

not "going" - "doing"... guess i need to practice typing...

ashley said...

So fun to see Lucy getting so big! Glad you are all doing well!

Allison and Josh said...

She is so dang cute!

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures and the cute tid bits about her! It's so fun to hear all about how much you are LOVING being parents and how sweet that little girl is!

restlessrisa said...

I love her. She is darling! Thanks for the update!!!

<3

Risa

AmberLou said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your post! Lucy is getting so BIG! She is such a cutie and I loved every adorable picture! I hope you are doing well... I miss you tons! Love You Girl!!!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

Lucy is so adorable! and beautiful! What a little miracle you have. She is one lucky girl to have you and Mark. I'm so glad that she's doing so well.

ang said...

OOOKKAYY 9 month Lucy is not the same baby as 10 month Lucy is she? Still cute as ever! Miss you guys. I wish it wouldn't be cruel to stunt her progress till Christmas so I didn't have to miss anything. Oh well! I'll just be more excited in 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emilee Wilson said...

I am so glad you posted these! how cute. This reminds to do mine. I am glad you guys are doing great!

Brean said...

What a beautiful perfect baby!!! Her story is amazing! I am so happy for you guys!!!!