Mark had knee surgery in the beginning of November. Even though they shaved half his leg for the surgery, he took it like a man! We got to hang out all day and watch movies when the surgery was over. It was great, for me.
After that, it was time for Thanksgiving. We went to see the 3D Imax movie, "A Christmas Carol" at the science museum then went to have dinner with friends. Here we are at the museum...
Mark also worked hard, as always, on becoming a dentist. Here is his December project, gold crowns. He made them so shiny that if you look carefully, you can see his smile in the reflection. :)
While Mark was working hard in school, I was getting ready for the Christmas Recital at one of one of the schools I teach at.

After school ended we went to the beach with some friends, played "beach scrabble"...
and also went to Hollywood studios.
This picture was taken in honor of me since the movie "Splash" was made the year I was born.
Here is Mark in line for the Toy Story ride--Our new favorite!
Me enjoying patriotism--Muppet style
Our favorite thing we did this trip was see the dancing light show they had going at night. Notice how magical it was...bubbles and everything! :)
Hmm...which of these is not like the other?
We also went to Blizzard Beach waterpark...
Seaworld...
Epcot...
and to Utah. Brrr was it cold!
While there we went to see the lights at Temple square with some Florida friends, Brock and Tara.
It was beautiful the night we went because of the fog that was surrounding the temple. We got some great shots of the temple...
plus a romantic one too! :)
We stayed at my parents for Christmas. It was really fun but for some reason I only have a couple random pictures that we took. One of which is the following sock shot we took Christmas morning. I thought it was hilarious what everyone was wearing. All the girls had their cute Christmas socks on and the boys of course had their "regulars" on. Mark in his Brazilian flip flops and my Dad in his black work/church socks.
This is the other random picture we took on Christmas. Too cute! Katie and Addie in their matching aprons.
We also got together with my Utah friends for dinner and games and Mark got together with his friends.
We spent New Year's at Katie's house. She and Judd made it extra fun by taking us sledding on their four wheelers. Mark had fun driving...
I had fun riding with Hallie...
And the kids had fun riding around in a blow up rubber raft...until it popped in 3 different places.
We also got to meet Emilee's new fiance Matt. We love him already and are so excited that he is joining the family!
All in all, we've had a great past couple of months.
7 comments:
It sounds like you guys had an AWESOME break! I totally thought Mark's gold crowns was some type of good looking dessert. It made me hungry until I read what it was!
This is Kaite. That was so entertaining. You are so funny. "Which one of these is not like the other!" Ha. and I don't remember telling you to "march proud," but I like it. Great advice. You guys did it with such grace. I love the picture of Mark in the act of marching. It looks like the crowd went wild. You guys are famous. I'll have to tell people that I know the Bakers. I can say, "Yeah. The ones in the parade. She's my sister. Did you know they're Mormon." So fun to see your class picture and Mark's project he brought home. You should figure out a way to put it on the fridge.
These are such cute pictures!! The group photo of you and your students is SO adorable. I bet that girl barely holding her violin is fun to teach! I hope you know how lucky you are making regular trips to the happiest place on earth, wearing funny socks, and playing board games at the beach.
looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment